The annual Founder’s Day event takes place during the Summer Term and celebrates the Founder’s vision, foresight and great generosity, to which Rendcomb College owes its existence.
The guest speaker for Founder’s Day 2018 was Baroness Floella Benjamin OBE. Known for her role as presenter of Playschool and Playaway, Floella has been at the forefront of many children's charities and initiatives. She is currently Vice President of Barnados, Patron of 'Beating Bowl Cancer', 'Sickle cell Society' and 'Transplant Links' and a peer within the House of Lords.
Previous Founder’s Day guest speakers have included:
- Ingrid Betancourt, a Columbian politician who spent seven years in captivity as a prisoner of The Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia
- David Tyler, Chairman of Sainsburys plc and a previous pupil at the school in the 1970's
- Sir John Holmes GCVO, KBE, CMG, formerly a distinguished diplomat, United Nations Under-Secretary for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Co-Ordinator and Principal Private Secretary to two Prime Ministers
- Dame Fiona Reynolds DBE, Master of Emmanuel College, Cambridge and Non-Executive Director of the BBC
- Reverend Dr Ralph Waller, Director of The Farmington Institute for Christian Studies, Principal of Harris Manchester College, Oxford and Pro-Vice-Chancellor of the University of Oxford
- Brian Jones OBE, a world record breaking balloonist who piloted the first successful circumnavigation of the world setting seven world records for duration, distance, altitude and speed.