Extension to boarding facilities: Godman House
The House will become the day and boarding house for Year 7 to 9 boys and girls from September 2019.
Godman House is currently undergoing an extension and significant refurbishment throughout. Once opened, it will have 40 beds in small dormitories of 3/4 beds. A large central common room will also link the separate boys' and girls' wings.
The common room
The exterior (from the road opposite the Post Office)
New Sixth Form Centre - Opening January 2020
Following the extension to Godman House, work will begin on a new Sixth Form Centre which will open in 2020. This will be within the Old Rectory building (currently the boys' Year 7 to 9 House). The new Centre will have both quiet and collaborative study areas, social spaces and kitchen facilities. The Head of Sixth Form and the Assistant Head of Sixth Form will also be located on the ground floor. Some teaching spaces for Sixth Form subjects will also be incorporated into the new Centre.
- Boarding facilities upgraded - £250k.
- New Reception area in the Main Building.
- Garden House opened - the Sixth Form Independent Living House.
- Junior Science Laboratory opened.
- Performing Arts Centre opened - The Griffin Theatre - £3.3m.
- Computer Science suite refurbished with new technology including touch screen, dual boot PCs, maker space and workstations.
- Music Department refurbished and Mac computers installed in the Music Technology classroom.
- Biology Laboratory refurbished. All six Science Laboratories have now been refurbished in the last 5 years. They have separate benches and teaching areas for an optimum learning environment. The Biology department also has advanced genetic engineering equipment including a PCR Thermocycler, micro centrifuge, gel electrophoresis tanks and UV fluorescence.
- AstroTurf resurfaced - £250k.
- Strength and Conditioning Suite - £30k.
- The Crypt; A new Sixth Form social and study space.