Rendcomb College celebrates A-Level Results Success
In an unprecedented academic year, Rendcomb College are very proud of the class of 2020 and a strong set of results.
84% of students have achieved grades A*-C, with an incredible 47% getting A*-A. A fantastic achievement!
Rob Jones, Head of College says,
"It is fair to say that this has been a year like no other in the history of education. Our founder Noel Wills would be incredibly proud of what our students have achieved in this, our centenary year. Students have risen to the challenge and demonstrated great resilience and drive, something that we encourage them to develop at Rendcomb College, and will benefit them long into the future. I am very proud of all of them."
"Small classes, dedicated teaching staff, and remote support have enabled us to focus on the individual and bring out the best in them. It has also meant that we can be very confident in our assessment and tracking of their progress, and this has, on the whole, been reflected in their grades."
Students have had particularly strong results in English, History, Computing and Geography, plus an incredible 100% distinction rate in BTEC Business Studies, the equivalent of an A.
Particular congratulations go to:
- D Billington, achieving A*, A*, A* grades and securing her place at the University of Bristol to read Politics & Spanish
- J Carr, achieving A*, A*, A securing entry to the Royal Agricultural College to read Real Estate
- A Chambers achieving A*, A* A to read Natural Sciences at Durham University
- J Qiu achieving A*, A, A to read Physics at the University of Manchester
- S Siripoorikan achieving A*, A*, A*, A* to read Law at the University of Warwick
Other courses secured include Mathematics, Computer Science for Cyber Security, Biological Sciences and Economics plus many others.
We are very proud of all of the class of 2020, and wish them the very best as they continue into the next stages of their lives.