New Sixth Form Centre - OPENED January 2020
The new Sixth Form Centre lies within a Grade II listed building named the Old Rectory where original features such as fireplaces and cornices have been restored. Despite its listed status, the Old Rectory features plenty of mod-cons and is positioned within the heart of the campus providing a dedicated space for Rendcomb’s oldest students. The development of the Sixth Form Centre helps prepare pupils for the changing needs of university and future employment by providing a unique mix of environments. There are modern study spaces that encourage individual and collaborative working and there are sitting rooms, a kitchen and a games room providing students with the opportunity to relax during the working day. There’s also a boardroom which provides a space for meetings and is a base for the growing Enterprise and Careers programme.
Extension to boarding facilities: Godman House
The House became the day and boarding house for Year 7 to 9 boys and girls in September 2019.
Godman House underwent an extension and significant refurbishment throughout. It has 40 beds in dormitories of 3/4 beds. A large central common room also links the separate boys' and girls' wings.
- Boarding facilities upgraded - £250k.
- New Reception area in the Main Building.
- Garden House opened - the Sixth Form Independent Living House.
- Junior Science Laboratory opened.
- Performing Arts Centre opened - The Griffin Theatre - £3.3m.
- Computer Science suite refurbished with new technology including touch screen, dual boot PCs, maker space and workstations.
- Music Department refurbished and Mac computers installed in the Music Technology classroom.
- Biology Laboratory refurbished. All six Science Laboratories have now been refurbished in the last 5 years. They have separate benches and teaching areas for an optimum learning environment. The Biology department also has advanced genetic engineering equipment including a PCR Thermocycler, micro centrifuge, gel electrophoresis tanks and UV fluorescence.
- AstroTurf resurfaced - £250k.
- Strength and Conditioning Suite - £30k.
- The Crypt; A new Sixth Form social and study space.